- Demand Australia to stop poisoning dingoes.
- Australian Government: SAVE OUR DINGOES FROM EXTINCTION..RE-CLASSIFY AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES
- Ban 1080 / baiting dingoes
- Hard Copy Petition to Ban 1080
- [now closed] Protect the Dingo
- [now closed] Asking WoolProducers Australia for a Fair Go For the Dingo
- Ochre Project - National Dingo Day - 14th February 2014
Spot the Difference
Is history repeating itself? The Dingo is receiving the same persecution as the Tasmanian Tiger. The Tasmanian Tiger was not afforded protection until a mere 63 days before the last known Tiger died, Sep 7th, 1936. Conservationists, scientists and ecologists had been raising the issue of the Tigers' looming extinction for years. Their pleas fell on deaf ears.
Calls to save the dingo, an internationally recognised threatened species, are likewise falling on deaf ears. Dingoes are currently only protected in the state of Victoria and the Northern Territory.
Tasmanian Tiger Photo: Unknown, Dingo Photo: Jim Woulfe, Flickr.com
Why we need dingoes:
- They are Australia's ONLY form of real fox and feral cat control
- Wild bilbies now only exist where pure dingoes exist
- Increased levels of bio-diversity where dingoes roam
- Increased numbers of dunnarts, plains rats, hopping mice (all endangered species)
- Because God gave us dominion over the animals. And the responsibility that goes with that.
- Every species lost from the planet makes it a sadder and poorer place.
- We are breaching the fundamental human rights of future generations if we deprive them the opportunity of knowing our lovely wildlife for real.